Monday, September 24, 2007

Week 9 #23

I'm finished! I have enjoyed learning about most of the things we had to look at. I am a little disappointed that some of the assignments didn't work like they were supposed to, or didn't have clear directions. Maybe it was me. My favorite discovery was probably the RSS feed that I subscribed to on Bloglines so that I could get current information about where I live. I usually try to keep up with what's going on and this exercise did introduce me to new sites on the internet, some of which I will continue to use. Some unexpected outcomes that the program surprised me with.....some things didn't work, directions were not clear at times, how many sites there are, on the internet, that we don't know about but can be helpful....I thought that the library community in general would be better at checking and correcting problems with some of the sites that we were directed to use. I would have liked it if the program included myspace, facebook, IM. Websites that the general public use. I would participate in another learning experience if one were introduced. I think that there are lots of good things one can learn from this program.

No comments: